Friday, August 13, 2010

Taking the Challange

On a whim I decided that I would take a deep gnome and try to run through the campaign. I was doing just plot stuff, ignoring all side quest and doing only the minimum to move along. I made it 3/4 of the way through without ever leveling up. I still needed about another 500 xp for level 2. If everything was done at that point a player would normally be closing in on level 7. I will have to recommend that: (1) players try to take advantage of as much as possible to maintain balance. (2) avoid character races with more then +1 level adjustments unless a greater challenge is desired.

Below are the screen shots showing how well that gnome fared. The thing that kept this gnome alive for so long was her insane AC. With kaedrin's ninja class and combat expertise she was up to 26, not bad for a level 1 character with no armor.





4 comments:

Kamal said...

Hah. I never play with an ECL of more than 1 for just that reason, lagging so far behind on levels.

There needs to be some negative ECL races! Gully dwarf, kobold, etc.

Lance Botelle (Bard of Althéa) said...

Goodness me! A 26 AC is amazing for first level. I will have to look at that class more closely myself, just to be a little more informed. (I don't play many of th enewer classes/races and so am not very familiar with them.)

When you say you made it 3/4 of the way through, did you mean without dying or because you encountered a bug? I'm guessing you meant the former.

Lance.

Shaughn said...

@ kamal to have a negative ECl the character must hacve a number of penalties starting off.

@ Lance the deep gnome has a bunch of AC bonuses, then combat expertise and final kaedrin's ninja class is similiar to the monk with the combined DEX and WIS with no armor.

I couldn't continue because I was being slaughter. Just for the fun of it I skipped all the side quest and didn't have the levels, loot, spells and all that good stuff. I was essentially beaten senseless once the creatures were able to get past the AC.

Kamal said...

Yes but I don't believe any negative ecl races have been implemented in NWN2