Thursday, July 9, 2009

ROGUE

Very little to report on Risen Hero. My nighttime toolset time has been dwindling down. Just too tired after working on the remodel all day to do anything really productive at night. I ended up having to remove all three exterior walls on the dining room,one at a time of course. Now the framing is mostly done and the new windows are in. The past few days I spent wiring the kitchen and dining room and waiting for the plumber, insulation and sheet rock are next.

When I am working on Risen Hero I have been making blueprint. Easier then conversations and area design and they are something that you can usually complete in one sitting. Created all the NPC for the final battle and I been making a bunch of items. One of which is the Lyre of Orpheus

On another note I have found yet another way to waste my time. I have downloaded a classic game that as a kid I played way too much. ROGUE. What other game can you battle Emus as well as dragons. Other then running out of rations and starving to death or being killed by griffins and the Letter U (Ur-Vile), it is it is a great game. Random dungeons, dangerous monsters A-Z (excluding E, how dangerous can a emu be?), a yellow face for an avatar and it even makes a beep when you step on a trap. Well that is it for now, back to building and exploring the Dungeon of Doom.

3 comments:

EC said...

Talk about retro-gaming! Not sure I could get into a game like that today.

Know what you mean about energy not always being there at the end of the day. Good chance it's going to come back though.

At least you're still "building". :)

Good luck with the rest of the renovations.

Lance Botelle (Bard of Althéa) said...

I defintely know what you mean about lacking energy! (I have M.E.) I even gave up work over a year ago now and I still do very little to my mod compared to many other bloggers who still work. However, the best advise is just to plug away slowly, as it appears you are doing. :)

And as E.C. Patterson said, I think that game is even a little too retro for even my liking. ;)

Lance.

Shaughn said...

I expect the Rogue kick to stop as quick as it started very shortly. Thinking back it is a little scary how many hours I logged on that game as a kid.

Lance I am definately continuing to plug away in little pieces during this project. Just opening the toolset and adding or fixing little things here and there to keep at it.