Thursday, July 30, 2009

They're All Attacking Me

It has been about two weeks now since I played Rogue and battled an emu so I feel safe saying that the kick has come to an end. Here's hoping I don't stumble upon another vintage game.

On the remodel front I have discovered that I am actually a decent electrician. The wiring is now complete and everything is working like its suppose to. Now I just have to wait for an extra hot and muggy day then I can start insulating the walls.

I have updated to 1.23, was looking forward to some of the script additions especially set base ability. With the update I have had some frustrating behavior from my NPC with custom factions. All module factions behave as if they are hostile regardless of their settings. This is a major problem for me and I assume many others. It is almost as if the game is no longer checking the module factions but from what I could find their is no place for campaign factions nor could I find the a faction 2da to add my customs to. I have a post on the bioware boards as does loudent2 but no no solutions or explanations have been offered so far. I haven't had a lot of time to really go and look into it either.

The past week I have had a bit of dialog explosion when I'm not worried about neutral NPC attacking me in a fit of rage. Finished a number of conversations for some NPC that the PC will interact with, just need to do a little more scripting and check that all the conditions are right.

On area design I have gone and hidden Ree's Homage to Grinning Fool in the game. The player will need to have some decent spot skill to discover it and receive a little reward. So that is it now, no new screen shots unless people want to see crazed NPCs attacking....

3 comments:

Wyrin said...

a new 'neutral' factions seems to be behaving for me in 1.23, but not fully looked into

Shaughn said...

So my crazed NPC were attacking me due to a custom content mistake. Somehow a repute.FAC was imported into my HAK. Still not sure where it came from. I am looking into it to see if was something I created or was downloaded while updating some of my crap for the new patch.

EC said...

Phew, I`m glad the faction issue wasn`t serious. I`ll want to make sure though my factions work alright in TRinity when I get to test again. I know one of the BR releases (Beholder or Drider, IIRC) used to mistakenly include a repute.fac. Don`t know if it`s been taken out.